After many years of work, my hymn collection, “As Saints We Sing” is now available, starting September 14th! I’d like to thank all the many composers, lyricists, and other collaborators who made this collection a reality! I had the idea for it all the way back in 2015 while hearing a church choir sing in a church I was visiting. I started brainstorming on that day and I’ve been working hard on it ever since. I wanted to create a collection that focuses more on latter-day saint doctrines and also breathes new life into beloved texts that we have sung for years at church.
Here’s a little about the collection:
As Saints We Sing features the beautiful arrangements of 176 beloved hymns by various Latter-day Saint lyricists and composers that focus on the restoration of\nThe Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Many are original works, appearing for the first time in print, and some are specifically for Easter and Christmas. These songs include all four parts (SATB) and highlight the Church’s unique doctrines. Some of the selections found within these pages are
• A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief
• Dearest Children, God Is Near You
• Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
• God Be with You Till We Meet Again
• I Need Thee Every Hour
• O Holy Night
• The Spirit of God
• Nearer My God to Thee
Draw closer to God with this priceless collection of religious favorites. Enjoy the timeless melodies and inspired lyrics that are tender reminders of the Church’s sacred and sometimes poignant history.
This outstanding book is an indispensable addition to any Latter-day Saint library.
There are even more reasons to pick up a copy of “As Saints We Sing!” Over 100 more!
You can purchase the collection here: https://amzn.to/3a6O4Hm
Besides the 179 songs you get by purchasing “As Saints We Sing”, purchasing the collection also entitles you to three digital freebies!
- Classic Hymn Collection: A collection of sixty classic Christian hymns from various traditions in SATB arrangements.
- As Youth We Sing: A collection of twenty-seven original children’s songs that help teach the Gospel.
- Special Music Numbers: A collection of eighteen special numbers for a variety of cultures.
That’s an additional 105 songs!
To claim your free copies of all three collections, do the following:
- Send a proof of purchase for “As Saints We Sing” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join my author contact list on the homepage of https://authormichaelyoung.com/.
I will then send you a PDF copy of all three collections.
If you want access to these digital collections without purchasing “As Saints We Sing”, you can send me $10 through Venmo (Username: @mdybyu), and I will send you all three collections.